We are currently recruiting for the roles on this page, please review the role profile for more information on the position requirements and how to apply
UAT-03: User Acceptance Test Lead
Date Posted: 06 April 2017
Role Type: Contract / Freelance, Project based
Experience: 5+ years
Revelere has part-time role for a User Acceptance Test Lead to develop testing policies, test and execute tests for changes on the desktop and smartphone instances of Revelere.com. Interested parties should send cover letter and resume/cv to email@example.com
Overall Purpose of Role
To ensure system change implementations are error free with minimal disruption to operations through detailed testing, taking accountability for :
- User acceptance testing policies, processes and quality assurance
- User acceptance test planning
- Test analysis and design
- Test preparation and execution
- Entry / exit criteria via formal gateways
Main Activities and Responsibilities
UAT policies, processes and quality assurance
- Define the policies and processes to be used during the UAT phase of system change.
- Integrate and embed UAT processes into the IT development lifecycle.
- Ensure appropriate engagement and oversight of testing quality
Develop a UAT plan for each change project to include
- Scope and objectives
- Specification of test activities
- Roles and responsibilities
- Acceptance criteria
Test analysis and design
Be responsible for the design of UAT
- Review test basis
- Evaluate testability
- Identify and prioritise test conditions
- Design and prioritise high level cases
- Design test environment
Test preparation and execution
Manage test resources and test execution
- Finalise test cases
- Create test data and scripts
- Verify test environment
- Verify traceability (requirements=test basis)
- Execute test procedures and log outcomes
- Compare actual results with expected
- Record discrepancies
Entry / exit criteria via formal gateways
Design and manage the processes and controls to ensure testing meets agreed quality standards and all relevant stakeholders have visibility of testing progress and quality.
- Coordinate UAT issue management (including
- triaging of issues into defects, new requirements, data set-up, user error etc)
- Liaise with Project Manager and CEO to gain issue resolution
- Provide regular UAT progress statistics/reporting to Project Manager and CEO
- Obtain required UAT sign offs from CEO
- Provide regular MI in terms of test progress, defects raised/closed, tracking against
- milestones etc
- Support go-live (process, system, data etc), by working closely with Communications Manager and CEO
UAT and Project Management Relationship
Develop close working relationships with Project Manager, Developers and CEO to ensure UAT is planned effectively and sufficient time is available to execute testing to the required standards.
- Consult with Project Manager to produce a UAT activity plan which is aligned to the change delivery plan.
- Ensure UAT is planned effectively within projects and resource requirements are understood
- across IT and CEO.
- Align UAT entry/exit criteria and gateways to project delivery process and project plans.
Other Features of Job ( hours of work, working conditions etc):
- Although Revelere is a UK based company, the role is part of a geographically dispersed change team (currently East Coast USA, UK, France, Spain and New Zealand) and role will be carried out remotely
- Revelere will provide tools and software required for role via Amazon Workspace
- Current change management methodology is agile, although subject to change.
- Timetable, effort and hours will be agreed with Project Manager for agile iteration. As the scope of change will vary from iteration to iteration, the timetable, effort and hours will also vary.